Basic Electrical Concepts 1 - A hands on approach
In this course you will learn the fundamentals of electrical concepts for DC or Direct Current circuits through a practical approach. We learn the topics and then perform hands-on exercises on the DC pracbox.
What will be the your course outcome?
By the end of this course you will
- have learned basic electrical terminology
- be able to use a variable DC power supply
- be able to use a multimeter for voltage, current, resistance and continuity measurements
- understand ohm’s law and it’s effect
- understand electrical power and calculate it for various circuits
- be able to connect simple circuits, estimate its working and measure it
- understand the purpose of various electrical components
Who is this course for?
Are you a maker? With so much advancements in electronics, you may have an idea that you can develop make a lot of money, but you know that a journey of 1000 miles begins with the first step. This course could be your first few steps.
Are you a student considering a career in engineering? Let’s face it, choosing a career is daunting task. This course could prove that engineering may just be the career you want. At least you will get into a four year course with complete awareness and really enjoy it.
Are you a hands-on person considering a trades? This course could help you understand what electrical is all about so that you can make an informed decision about your four year apprenticeship
Or you are just a curious cookie like us!